The shareholders in public companies registered in Bulgaria have rights regulated by the Bulgarian legislation, as well as by the acts of the European Union.
The basic rights of shareholders are the following:
- Right to participate in the General Meeting of Shareholders and the right to vote
- Right to convene a General Meeting of Shareholders
- Right to include additional issues in the agenda of the General Meeting of Shareholders
- Right to information and public information
- Right to protection of shareholder participation
- Right to request annulment of the decisions taken by the General Meeting of Shareholders
- Right to subscribe part of the new shares upon increase of the company’s capital
- Right to participate in the distribution of profits and right to dividend
- Right to liquidation share
The management of Petrol AD guarantees equal treatment of all shareholders of the company, including minority and foreign investors, protects their rights and facilitates their exercise within the limits permitted by applicable law and in accordance with the company’s articles of association.